Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Brat Stop - Kenosha, WI

Garlic Bratwurst with German Potato Salad and Red Cabbage

The missus and I stopped in here for lunch on our way back to Chicago from Lake Geneva (the kids stayed back at the water park with Grandma and Grandpa).  I first visited the Brat Stop as a tween (in fact, I recall seeing my first-ever Pac-Man arcade machine there) and it doesn't appear that it's changed much over 30-odd years - the bar/restaurant portion of the complex is still a dive, the service is glacial, but the garlic brat (I added the brown mustard and raw onions myself) is about the best you'll find south of Milwaukee and west of Munich.  I thought the warm German potato salad (served in a white coffee mug) was mediocre and red cabbage possessed a mulekick of vinegar (it's possible that my fillings dissolved); however, I'd have no hesitation returning for fried cheese curds, Sprecher beer, and another brat...

No comments:

Post a Comment