Monday, March 1, 2010

Bobby Flay's Chicken and Peppers in Vinegar Sauce

After a week spent dealing with household illnesses (Hackknife Jr. had a fever virus for 4 days and I had a lousy head cold until yesterday) and moping over massive athletic misfortune (Team USA's hockey loss, my Boilers losing Robbie Hummel for the season with a torn ACL, thus torpedoing their best chance in 20 years for a Final 4 run, and Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey suffering a gruesome double-broken leg in a victory at Stoke City), it was time to dust off my apron and head back to the kitchen. Tomorrow, we will be attempting Bobby Flay's Chicken and Peppers in Vinegar Sauce at the commissaryBobby Flay Recipe. This is yet another potential low-brow recipe found in this past Sunday's Parade Magazine insert that caught my attention, mostly because I have a bunch of Costco chicken thighs in the freezer just waiting for the right vehicle of expression. I'm going to pair it with a low-brow side dish, the ever-present Betty Crocker box of cheesy scalloped potatoes.

Later in the week, we'll be trying TheMidwestTexan's hawaiian bread recipe in the official commissary breadmaker. After reading several of her recent food-related postings, she's clearly set the bar pretty high for farm-to-table food prep skill, both for game and garden ingredients. I aspire to someday reach similar heights in that regard, although it might be a little challenging given that we don't have many deer or pheasants running through the subdivision like they do in rural Iowa. In any case, I believe I've found an additional source of culinary inspiration.....

No comments:

Post a Comment