Sunday, December 30, 2012

McRib is Back



I'm aware that this post is silly, pointless, possibly nauseating to some of you, and obvious filler in an attempt to pad my postings total before the end of 2012, but I just had to write a brief homage to McRib. Like Haley's Comet, it only comes around once in a while (and is quite possibly also made from space rock) and that time is now until supplies are exhausted, I suppose. Mrs. Hackknife is the consummate McRib fan, always eager to hear of its return and almost first in line to get one. Me, I don't mind waiting a week or two until my better sensibilities are sufficiently worn down and I slink over to the nearest McD's, almost too ashamed to speak my order aloud to the waitstaff. Yes, its main part is derived from unnamed, mysterious pork leftovers/entrails synthetically fused together with meat glue and God knows what other nasty chemicals, but it's so tasty, with the sauce and the pickles and the raw onions and the long bun (which wasn't all that good this time) that only emerges from the McDonald's warehouse for this sole annual purpose. McRib, I know you remove months from my lifespan, but I salute you, anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment